Sunday, August 5, 2007

Boxes and Boxes and Boxes of Tiles
Sunday, July 22, KL, KJ and I visited Classic Tile and Mosaic, 3221 S. La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90016 (between Jefferson and Washington) for the annual sale, open to the public. This is usually a to-the-trade-only showroom and I have been attempting to go to the sale for the past couple of years, but always seemed to be busy on that weekend. It was worth the wait. Hundreds of boxes of tiles lined the parking lot with plenty more inside. Some of the tables were labeled, "Take everything on this table for $1,000." It was tempting! KJ, who is in the process of tiling the steps at her front door, bought a ton of tiles. Really nice ones, I can't wait to see the final result. I limited myself to one $10 tile. I fell in love with its colors and art deco style.Even if you are not planning to redecorate your house in tile, just seeing all the available styles and patterns is fun. But don't forget your hat. The next public sale will be July 2008, so either check their website or jot down the phone number for next year. 310.287.0142.
(All photos on this blog copyright roslyn m wilkins)

No comments:

Post a Comment