Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Familiar Place
I was browsing around some of my friends' blogs to see what was new and interesting. I was struck by Katherine Kean's painting of Monterey Cypress Trees at Point Lobos. I feel like I've walked down this same path in dreams or meditations many times. In my interpretation, the end of the road overlooks a green valley with a village nestled in the hillsides. This village is very colorful and full of creativity, music and laughter. (I'm probably channeling "Brigadoon," one of my favorite movies.) I feel comfortable in this village. I settle in there as an artist, living in a small cottage with birds and butterflies enjoying the flowers in my garden. Of course, I live happily ever after, surrounded by friends who are also artists, musicians, poets, philosophers... I'm saving Katherine's painting to my file of favorites so I can look at it from time to time. It's my metaphor for the New Year: walking through unknown territory to find a very familiar place.
http://katherinekean.blogspot.com/2007/12/new-work.html

No comments:

Post a Comment