Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lillian Sizemore's Mosaics Newsletter

I am a big fan of Lillian Sizemore. She is a mosaic artist who began working in tile and glass mosaics in 1995.

I first stumbled upon her a couple of years ago when I attended a seminar at the Getty Villa on the history of mosaics. She showed some samples of her public work around the San Francisco area (and that of other artists too). Later I took a one-day mosaic-making class with her, again at the Getty Villa.

This summer she taught a two-weekend workshop in Long Beach I would love to have attended but it wasn't the right time. I hope she will schedule another workshop soon, preferably in West Los Angeles!

The reason for this post is that I just received the first issue of her e-newsletter which you can read and subscribe to by clicking here.

And you can read more about her at her website.
(Photo copyright Lillian Sizemore)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for the shout out and glad you like the newsletter! I'd love to teach in West LA. Do you know of any places?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll put on my thinking cap and get back to you!

    ReplyDelete