Sunday, February 12, 2012

Moving through mutations of the Galactic Landscape

I was in a "sixties" kind of mood when I laid this design out on paper (well, actually in Adobe Illustrator).
Original Adobe Illustrator sketch
 
Galactic Landscape after firing with first layers of glaze
But I wasn't happy with the way it looked after the first firing... it was too blah.


Galactic Landscape after firing with third and fourth layers of glaze
(Three 6x6-inch tiles - 8 inches x 20 inches framed)
So I covered it with a reddish glaze, let it dry and then applied the top layer of Black Cobblestone. Now I am thinking I should have reversed that order.

But I'm not unhappy with it and don't want to mess with it again. I am done and on to other ideas.

(designs and photos copyright roslyn m wilkins)

No comments:

Post a Comment