Sunday, February 12, 2012

An uplifting weekend with artist friends, part one


I am very blessed to have friends and colleagues in the artist community. This weekend proved how we all come together to support each other.

On Saturday, five members of the Culver City Art Group attended a memorial for our friend Violette Czukor who passed away unexpectedly on January 8, 2012. She was a photographer who specialized in floral images.

Her cousins organized a luncheon for her family and artist friends. Several of us spoke about her as a person and as a wonderful photographer. She was a very private person and I learned a lot about her at this get-together. I was very happy to be there to honor her life.

She could be difficult at times, but she was always sweet to me on a personal basis, and I liked her.


I won't go into all the details here as I have told the story to many people. But the lesson I learned from my last time with Violette is that it is important to be kind and patient with everybody you deal with, no matter what the circumstances may be.

You have no idea what they may be going through at that point in time. And you certainly don't know, whether they may be a friend, an acquaintance, a colleague, or a business associate, if that will be the last time you ever see them. So in that context, fifteen or twenty minutes out of your life is not such a big deal.

So I am glad, despite other things I thought I needed to be doing, I did take the time to talk to her about some projects she was thinking about. It was a beautiful day, and that conversation will be part of it forever.

My next blog will be about supporting a fellow artist at her first ever solo art exhibit.

(photos copyright Violette Czukor)



No comments:

Post a Comment