Saturday, January 20, 2007





Getty Center on a clear, crisp day.
Today I visited the Getty Center with several members of the Culver City Art Group. It was a beautiful day with clear views all around... Westwood/UCLA, downtown LA, the ocean... aaahhh. The Getty sits on a hilltop in Bel Air off the 405 Freeway and Sepulveda Blvd. We had lunch (chipotle chicken, mashed yams... oh heaven... and mixed squash) first. Four of us split a cabernet from Australia (Alice White). Pretty good. As usual I forgot to take photos of the group! The first photo is of the cactus garden in the forefront, Bel Air to the left, Westwood/UCLA in the middle and downtown LA in the background to the left. The second photo is inside the Getty showing the travertine wall and the reflective pool. It was very crowded today. Fortunately, a friend who works there invited me to go to the Icons from Sinai on a Friday night when there were very few people and I was able to move around easily in the peace and quiet. I love the Getty Center even when I am not interested in seeing the galleries. It's a wonderful place to hang out. Oh, I found a "Matisse" scarf which I purchased. Here is a sample of it:

No comments:

Post a Comment