Friday, January 26, 2007


Hand-Painted Ceramic Tiles.
Yes, that's the title of my new class at West Los Angeles College Extension. I've been painting tiles (and other bisque objets d'art) for about 14 years off and on. A former boyfriend was a potter and although the relationship was disastrous, he started me down a path that has had interesting consequences, way beyond painting tiles, so thank you M, if you should ever read this blog! (At left is a recently sold framed tile.)

I am really jazzed about this as I have not taught in a while. In the past I've done teaching gigs at the University of Southern California Pre-MBA Program (three summers) for foreign business students teaching basic computer skills (I also directed the program), a year at Glendale Community College teaching desktop publishing, and corporate training jobs too numerous to mention (but hey, I met Johnny Cochran in the middle of the OJ trial, seemingly a very gracious man despite his client). This is my first time as an "art" teacher, so it's very exciting.

The classes are Saturday mornings 9-12, March 3 and 10. For some strange reason unbeknownst to me, the website still has the Fall 2006 classes listed. So check back in February at http://www.wlac.edu/westside/index.htm. Or in the hardcopy catalog I'm on page 9.

(All photos and designs on this blog copyright roslyn m wilkins and not to be used without permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment