Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Tile Two Years in the Making


In 2005 I took a trip to Italy with my friend JM. Fortunately, she is a very adventurous lady and we were able to leave the group and find our own way around on many occasions. This was one of them. While the others paid an exhorbitant amount of money to visit one island at Lake Maggiore, three of us took off on our own and for much less money were able to get to three places, including Pescatori, where I took this photo. For two years I thought about this photo, and finally it all came together and I was able to paint the tile. So here is the tile and the original photo. I already see another version of this and can't wait to get started. But I have to clean up the house today so it will have to wait.
(All designs and photos on this blog copyright Roslyn M Wilkins and not to be used without permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment