Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Unbeautiful Sky
Most mornings I like to greet the day (after feeding the cats, that is) by standing out on my roof deck, cup of coffee in hand, looking for that perfect sunrise with wondrous splashes of reds, oranges, yellows.... and sometimes disappointed when it doesn't appear. Today when I walked out there the sky was filled with ominous black and grey clouds. Not my picture of the perfect sunrise at all. But as I stood watching the clouds subtly change shade and hue I thought about all the elements and events that had to come together to create this moment, and I realized, of course, this was one more masterpiece from the brush of Alice, Artist, Goddess of Nature. How boring it would be if every sunrise was picture postcard "perfect." This sky was so much more interesting and I was grateful for the opportunity to enjoy it. The unbeautiful became beautiful.
(photo copyright roslyn m wilkins)

No comments:

Post a Comment