Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Channeling Kandinsky

I think it was my friend and fellow artist Susanne Heimbuch who commented on one of my previous pieces of ceramic artwork that I was under the influence of Wassily Kandinsky.
I happened to come across the above image of one of Kandinsky's paintings. WOW!

A circle within a square isn't exactly a new concept and I am sure other artists have and will continue to develop that theme.

Nevertheless, I like to think Kandinsky was looking down (or sidewise, as the case may be) and nodding in approval as I was painting my ceramic tiles entitled Eclipses of the Moons.

Maybe he actually likes the direction I am taking and is giving me a nudge!

Okay, I am getting a little carried away with myself. But on the other hand, I can't think of another artist I would rather be channeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment